● Best ever safety record in 2017-18: Less than 100 accidents recorded in a year. 62% reduction in consequential train accidents from 118 in 2013-14 to 73 in 2017-18 ● 50% increase in track renewal from 2,926 kms in 2013-14 to 4,405 kms in 2017-18 ● 1.1 lakh safety posts being filled-up through recruitment ● 5,469 Unmanned Level Crossings eliminated in the last four years. Average pace of elimination is 20% more than that of 2009-14. ● All unmanned Level crossings on Broad Gauge routes targeted for elimination by 2020 ● Rashtriya Rail Sanraksha Kosh (RRSK) fund of Rs. 1 Lakh Cr to be spent on safety over five years.
● Capital expenditure from April-2014 to March 2018 (4 years) at Rs. 3.83 lakh Cr is more than total cumulative investment in Railways till March 2014 at Rs. 3.25 lakh Cr Capacity Enhancement: Building Infrastructure For Tomorrow ● Accelerated commissioning of Broad Gauge line: 9,528 kms between April, 2014 to March, 2018 (4 years) vis-à-vis 7,600 kms during 2009-14
● North East is fully integrated with rest of India with the entire network converted to Broad Gauge ● Rail connectivity established with states of Meghalaya (Dudhnoi-Mendipathar), Tripura (Kumarghat-Agartala) and Mizoram (Kathakal-Bhairabi) ● Train connectivity established for Itanagar and Silchar to Delhi 5) Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail: First Ever Bullet Train in India ● High Speed of the train will reduce travel time from approx. 8 hrs to 2 hrs ● Enhanced safety through Japanese Shinkansen technology. ● Generate employment for about 20,000 workers during the construction phase
● Commissioning of Western and Eastern DFCs (2,822 Kms) in phases by 2019-20 ● Lead to reduction in freight travel time, transportation cost and de-congestion in existing network ● Bring economic development and job creation by connecting factories and farms to ports 7) Freight: Moving India’s Economy ● Highest ever freight loading in 2017-18: 1,160 Million Tonnes ● Highest ever freight earnings of Rs. 1.17 Lakh Cr in 2017-18 (13% more than last year)
● The first locomotive from Electric Locomotive Factory (ELF), Madhepura has been flagged off by Prime Minister ● First diesel locomotive received at GE factory in Marhowrah, Bihar and is under trial 9) Superlative High Speed Wi-Fi Service At Stations ● More than 675 railway stations already provided with wi-fi ● All stations will be covered by March 2019
More than 1,25,000 bio-toilets fitted over 34,400 coaches. All trains to run with bio-toilets by March 2019 LED Lights: Boosting Energy Efficiency All railway stations have been provided with LED lights. All buildings will be covered by June 2018 5000 coaches have been fitted with LED lights. All coaches will be covered by March 2019 LED lights will save more than Rs.250 Cr annually Station Redevelopment: A Leap Into The Future 600 Stations to be developed with world class facilities Redevelopment of Habibganj station, Madhya Pradesh and Gandhinagar station to be completed by December, 2018
Atithi Devo Bhava: Enhancing Passenger Convenience Capacity of e-ticketing increased from 2,000 tickets per minute to 15,000 tickets per minute Cancellation and refund of tickets made easier
● More than 700 Deen Dayalu coaches produced with extra safety and modern features
● 13 Long distance unreserved Antyodaya LHB trains with general second class coaches introduced
● Tejas train between Mumbai to Goa started with speed potential of 200 kmph and ultra modern features
● New Delhi-Varanasi Mahamana Express was started ● 19 Humsafar trains with additional amenities in the coaches introduced
● Point Of Sale (POS) machines n installed at more than 4,000 locations of Indian Railways
● Development of Bengaluru Suburban System: Rs. 17,000 Cr in Budget 2018-19
● Upgradation of Mumbai Suburban System: Rs. 51,000 Cr project in Budget 2018-19
17) Women empowerment: First all women station operationalized at Matunga station in Mumbai and subsequently extended to 12 stations across the country
18) Change in Procurement Practices ● Policy for e-reverse auction for all tenders > Rs 10 Cr and works tender > Rs 50 Cr formulated ● Mandatory procurement of common use goods/services through Government e-Market
19) India’s First National Rail & Transportation University in Vadodara ● A not-for-profit company under Section 8 of the Companies Act formed ● Create a resource pool of skilled manpower
20) Making India proud in Sports ● Best ever performance over the last 40 years with 39 podium finishes in 56 National Championship
● In Commonwealth Games -2018, 10 Gold Medals out of 26 Gold won by India have been won by Railways’ Sportspersons.
· UDAN: Udey Desh ka Aam Nagrik launched on 21 October 2016 · Flight Journey become easier and Cheap
· Airports at Bhopal , Indore and Raipur to be declared international airports.
· Major Airports i.e IGI Delhi, Kochi and Hyderabad powered by solar energy · New Civil Aviation Policy announced