Group 'A' Positions
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the following posts:
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Group 'B / C' Positions
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) exam to recruit for following posts:
- COMMERCIAL APPRENTICE(CA)
- TRAFFIC APPRENTICE(TA)
- GOODS GUARD
- JUNIOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT - CUM TYPIST(JAA)
- SENIOR CLERK-CUM TYPIST
- ASSISTANT STATION MASTER (ASM)
||Stages of exam = Computer based test + Aptitude test + Typing test (selected categories only)
||Exam fee = Rs. 100
||Application mode : Online
||Apply to website of individual Railway recruitment boards
||Negative marking of 1/3 for wrong answers
||Graduation needed, those in final year awaiting results can't apply.
RRB (NTPC) Age Limit
- Applicants age should be between 18 to 32 years to apply for NTPC Railway Vacancies.
- Upper age relaxation is applicable for the reservation category (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Ex-M) candidates as per the government norms.
Community Wise Recommended Age Relaxation for Railway NTPC Posts
|Name of Community
||Upper Age Relaxation Up to
|PWD (Gen/ OBC/ SC/ ST)
||10/ 13/ 15/ years.
|Computer based test
||For all categories
||To be conducted only for JUNIOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT - CUM TYPIST(JAA), SENIOR CLERK-CUM TYPIST, Sr. Time keeper.
|Typing test speed
||English: 30 words per minutes, Hindi: 25 words per minute
|Type of question papers
||Objective type MCQ
||70% weightage to CBT and 30% to Aptitude test.
Computer Based Test
|| 90 minutes
- CATEGORIES FOR WHICH PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTS ARE PRESCRIBED
- For direct recruitment, the Psychological Tests are applicable to the following three categories —
- Assistant Station Master
- Assistant Loco Pilot
- Generally the tests are administered in small groups where candidates have to write answers to questions given in test booklets on Optical Mark Reader Answer Sheets. However, in some cases equipment based test can also be used.
- HOW TO RECORD YOUR ANSWER
- Most paper-pencil tests require you to record your answers on a separate answer sheet so that they can be scored quickly. The answers are marked on the Answer sheet by fully darkening the circles which go with your answers. Use blue ball point pen. Remember you are not permitted to change your answers.
Computer Based Test - Preparation
- The RRB NTPC Exam Consists of Following Subjects:
- General Awareness.
- General Intelligence.
- Arithmetic Ability.
- General Science.
- General Knowledge Syllabus
- Current Affairs – National & International. = Current affairs
- General Science. = General Knowledge
- Indian Economy. = Economy
- Indian Constitution. = Constitution
- History – India & World. = History
- Indian Polity. = Polity
- Indian Geography. = Geography
- Science & Technology = Technology
- Indian Culture & Heritage etc. = Culture
- Arthematic Ability Syllabus = Numerical Aptitude
- Profit and Loss.
- Pipes & Cisterns.
- Boats & Streams.
- Time & Work.
- Time & Distance.
- Problems on Ages.
- Data Interpretation etc.
- General Intelligence Syllabus = Aptitude
- Space Visualization.
- Decision Making.
- Arithmetical Number Series.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Visual memory.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Verbal and Figure Classification etc.
- General Science Syllabus
- Physics. = Science
- Chemistry. = Science
- Biology. = Science
- Environmental Studies etc. = Science