Consider the following statements:
1. The district judge exercises both judicial and administrative powers.
2. The sessions judge has no power to impose capital punishment.
Which of the statements given above is / are correct?
Which of the following statements regarding subordinate courts are correct?
1. They function at district and lower levels.
2. The pattern and designation of subordinate courts in the States is not uniform.
3. Munsiff ís courts have both civil and criminal jurisdiction.
4. The pattern of subordinate courts in metropolitan areas is the same as that in districts.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
1 and 2
Who among the following appoints the District judge in a State?
The Governor of the State
Who appoints the judicial offcers of the subordinate judiciary other than the district judges?
Governor in accordance with the rules made by him in consultation with the High Court and
State Public Service Commission
Which one of the following is not a qualifcation for a person to be appointed as district judge?
He should have completed the 30 years of age.